Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Koro's Gift


I was going to visit my Koro in Wainuiomata. My dad said that he would drive me to Koro’s house. I'm proud of my Koro as a bone carver.
When we got there I was so excited,I nearly burst into tears. I jumped out of the car and ran to Koro’s glass door. I stared at Koro while he was sleeping with his bone carving resting on his belly and sitting on his favourite rocking chair. I rang the door bell. It was loud. I wanted to run away but Koro just woke up.Then I said, “Please open the door."
Koro opened the door. Koro said,”Greetings my moko. Are you coimg to stay with me?”
”Yes” I said,”I am going to stay here for two weeks."

It was getting dark. I went to bed. I dreamed about that a thief came and stole the bone carving. I woke up with a fright “Ahh." 
 Koro woke up with a fright.”Moko what is the matter?"
”I think a thief came and stole your bone carving”.
”Oh Moko I do not wear my bone carving at night so go back to sleep and have a good rest Moko."

The next morning I woke up I saw my Koro staring at his bone carving on his bed. 
Later we had breakfast. Koro took me down to the basement. There were lots of carvings. There were greenstone carvings and some were made of bone and wood. My Koro handed me a bone carving. It really looked like his but it was much smaller.
Was it the one he had been saving for my family? I really didn’t ask. I was happy because now I have my very own.I wish he trusted me because I trust myself. I love my Koro.

From Sifila .H.       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.